On Friday 25 Jun 2004 09:50, Frank wrote:
> Having a devels own time of getting my scanner up and running.
>
> I have a Prisa Acer 640u which is recognised, albeit with an acerfim
> file, by sane .92 [ ex Mandrake 9.1 days ], but under Mandrake 10
> Official and using MCC, no go!
>
> Oh, MCC goes through all the recognition stuff OK and informs me that
> the scanner is now ready to use under Xsane or/and Kooka. Yeah, right.
>
> Fire up xsane and ........... nothing............ seen or even hinted at.
>
> Did I miss doing something else with MCC?
>
> Doing #lsusb sees the scanner OK.
>
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04a5:2060 Acer Peripherals Inc. (now BenQ Corp.)
> Prisa 620U+/640U

Try with the 2.4 kernel
The 2.6 kernel still has some issues with some USB devices.
My HP4100c scanner does not work under 2.6, but is fine with 2.4

You can have both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels installed at the same time, and select
which one you want to boot with lilo. Just type kernel in the Software
Install GUI for a list of available kernels.
The lilo entry will be made automatically.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org