Subject: Re: [newbie] Acerfirm installed OK
Date: Thursday 15 July 2004 06:11 am
From: Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Updating the real cause for those that follow:

The problem was with confusing 'acerfirm' and 'u96v121.bin'.

In the past I used the Acerfirm file wereas here the *.bin file was
required.

Once I pointed things to the correct file, I was able to go the GUI way
and use MCC to configure the scanner for me.

Do use the GUI menu for starting either XSane or Kooka for your scanning
because I get unreliable results starting xsane from the command line.

My next mission is to get Gimp2 to see the scanner, but I have Gimp1.2
to see me through for now.

Regards

Frank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213

linux counter #167806