I have downloaded and installed Mandrake Linux 10.0 on
my extra computer. Everything appears to be working
perfectly with the exception of my MO Drive. HardDrake
had no problem recognizing the drive (Olympus MOS540)
or the SCSI host adapter (Adaptec AHA-7850).
Unfortunately, when I try to access my disks there are
no files visible. From all appearances the disks are
blank even though I have verified on other computers
that they are not (Both MS Windows and SCO-Unix
formats).
Also, Mandrake automatically set up icons on the
desktop for direct access to my floppy drive and my
CD-ROM but nothing appeared for the optical drive. I
don't know what I'm doing as far as manually setting
up and mounting drives.
I am a newbie in every sense of the word when it comes
to Linux. I do have 25 years of experience with
DOS/Windows though. Perhaps that is part of the
problem.
Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.