Cezary Morga wrote:
Dnia wto 29. czerwca 2004 20:34, John Drouhard napisaÅ:

When you install Xorg, it automatically replaces XFree, so you will only
have Xorg installed anyway. The nvidia driver does not need to be
rebuild. Everything should work out of the box, so when you type startx,
it will do just fine.

As for your second question, you can run a new x server by typing:
'startx -- :1' (and 2, 3, 4, etc for as many x servers as you want)

Thanx, that works... and saves me a lot of time from logging in and out of KDEs...
I've also, finally, installed Xorg but I don't see any difference between XFree 4.3, which I was using previously, and Xorg 6.7.0, which I'm running now...
Quick question : previously all the settings where in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, now I should look for it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, right?

/etc/X11/xorg.conf is a symlink to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, so you can edit either of these files and it will still make the necessary changes. (editing the xorg.conf file in reality edits the XF86Config-4 file)

john