On Saturday 03 Jul 2004 10:58, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
SNIP Flames

> I just wanted to know the command line arguments that switched postfix
> as the default MTA to sendmail...and now I'm getting flamed...
>
> NUKE WA!
>
> stephen kuhn - proprietor

update-alternatives --display mta
will display the alternatives currently available.
(You will need both sendmail and postfix installed to see any alternatives)

update-alternatives --config mta sendmail
will (I think) set the default mta to sendmail
(Check with man update-alternatives )
Of course urpme postfix will also do the job :-)

(Mutter ... must be crazy to prefer sendmail...mutter)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org