Terence Golightly wrote:
On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 11:45, Derek Jennings wrote:
<snip>
Hmmm
Your mail header includes the line

tbox.blrm.myhouse.net resolves to 220.80.108.83 which is a block
>>belonging to an ISP in Korea. It does not seem likely that someone
>>in the US would use a Korean ISP, but how is that line getting into
>>your email headers?

It looks like your Postfix config file may have been tampered with
>>to turn you into a spam relay.

derek

Derek,

I've attached my main.cf. See what you think?

terry

# These are only the parameters changed from a default install
# see /etc/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, fuller version of this file.

# These are changed by postfix install script
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.1.1/README_FILES
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.1.1/html
setgid_group = postdrop
command_directory = /usr/sbin
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
mail_owner = postfix

# User configurable parameters

inet_interfaces = $myhostname,localhost
mynetworks_style = host
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
delay_warning_time = 4h
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version) (Mandrake Linux)
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
smtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
lmtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
smtpd_sasl_path = /etc/postfix/sasl:/usr/lib/sasl2
myhostname = tbox.blrm.myhouse.net
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
mydomain = myhouse.net
masquerade_domains = myhouse.net
myorigin = myhouse.net
debug_peer_list = myhouse.net

Did you call your machine myhouse.net? If so, that explains the strange IP address - Postfix looked up the IP address for myhouse.net. If you did not put that is your Postfix config file, then you have real problems! myhouse.net does sound like something that a person would use for their home system. But as you can see, using a host name that is a belongs to a "real" domain can cause problems...

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!