On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 17:01, Derek Jennings wrote:

<Criky large snip>

> On Sunday 04 Jul 2004 18:27, Terence Golightly wrote:
> After reading your post again Terry. Are you saying that you set the hostname
> to myhouse.net yourself?  In which case you have not been hacked, but have
> simply used someone elses domain name.

Yes by accident :)

> In which case of course there is no need to reinstall. Just set the domain
> names correctly, both in /etc/sysconfig/network an /etc/postfix/main.cf

> If you do not intend your mailserver to receive mail, then you do not need a
> registered domain name. Something like localhost.localdomain is fine.
> If however you do want to receive mail then a registered domain name is
> required.  www.dyndns.org can supply you with a domain name and DNS service
> absolutely free. Its what I use myself.

Yes eventually.  Thats why I have a sort of 'homemade' domain. I edited
main.cf changing everything over to localhost.localdomain.  But I'd
prefer to eventually set it up to use my local mailserver with fetchmail
sort of like on your web site but only one machine. That main.cf file:
confusing.

Thanks,

Terryg

> derek
Terry Golightly ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Pittsburgh, Pa
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586 kernel
2.6.3-14mdk-i686-up-4GB
20:32:59 up 1 day, 7:36, 1 user, load average: 0.35, 0.36, 0.21

I'm still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.
# These are only the parameters changed from a default install
# see /etc/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, fuller version of this file.

# These are changed by postfix install script
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.1.1/README_FILES
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.1.1/html
setgid_group = postdrop
command_directory = /usr/sbin
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
mail_owner = postfix

# User configurable parameters

inet_interfaces = $myhostname,localhost
mynetworks_style = host
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
delay_warning_time = 4h
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version) (Mandrake Linux)
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
smtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
lmtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
smtpd_sasl_path = /etc/postfix/sasl:/usr/lib/sasl2
myhostname = localhost.localdomain
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
mydomain = myhouse.localnet
masquerade_domains =
myorigin = localhost.localdomain
debug_peer_list = localhost.localdomain