Eric Scott wrote:
I recently reinstalled Mandrake Linux 9.1 on my good ol' Pentium 1 @
233Mhz. It's an old computer, but it had a 40x12x48 CD RW drive. I have
sound up and running fine (via sndconfig), but the CD player still
doesn't play CDs. The counter runs and it does everything else it's
supposed to do, except for actually spit out the sound. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Have you checked your mixer setting in aumix or kmix? The CD is on a different channel, and may be muted.

Sir Robin

--
"I have detailed files."
- Terminator II

Robin Turner IDMYO Bilkent Universitesi Ankara 06533 Turkey

www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin