Hallo, stephen.
When the monitor turns black I do Alt_Ctrl_F2 and I cant get a console or terminal to login.
I do not have Ideas.

Thanks stephen
PS: Here is my spec again:

Intel D850MV motherboard
Pentium 4 Processor 2.0 GHZ 478 Pin
Geforce 3 TI-500 64 MB Grafics card
Nec Multisync FE950+ CRT monitor
358 MB Ram (rimm)
Adapted 29160N U160 scsi controler
IBM Ultrastar 36.4 GB
CNET network card
ADSL starbridge modem
Linksys wrt54G router
Mandrake 10.0 Official Power Pack ( downloaded from mandrake club)
Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse