On Sunday 11 Jul 2004 08:42, Craig Bowyer wrote:
> I've been trying to install Ogle for viewing DVD's.
> However, whenever I've tried to install of the RPM PLF lists, I get the
> following from Rpmdrake:
>
> "The following packages have bad signatures:
>
> libdvdcontrol9-0.9.2-1plf.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1
> md5 gpg GPG#caba22ae NOT OK)
> libmsgevents6-0.9.2-1plf.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1
> md5 gpg GPG#caba22ae NOT OK)
> ogle-0.9.2-1plf.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 gpg
> GPG#caba22ae NOT OK)
>
> Do you want to continue installation?"
>
> I then say no.
>
> I've tried changing PLF lists, however, exactly the same message comes
> up when trying to install from another one as well. Is there something I
> need to remove/change in my standard install before this can install?
>
> I'm currently using Community 10.0.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig

Click "Yes" and it will install.

That message is simply telling you that the signature of the packager who
created the RPM does not match the signature associated with that mirror. It
does not mean the package is corrupted in any way. A corrupted RPM will not
install.

The package signature is intended to assure you that some nasty person has not
cracked the mirror FTP site and inserted a malicious package on the site.
However not all the package creators sign their work correctly and so you see
messages like this.
If you are worried, then just think how many packages you have downloaded and
installed for Windows, not one of which had any sort of protection like this.

If you open MandrakeControlCemtre>Software>MediaManager>Manage keys you should
see that the key associated with PLF is caba22ac while these packages are
signed with caba22ae

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net