On Sunday 11 Jul 2004 09:23, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> I have a friend in Pretoria bugging me about getting on messenger.
>
> What's the easiest answer besides "bug off"? I've been using that
> one for a year now.
>
> Lee

If he is a friend, then he will not mind installing Gaim or Psi for Windows so
he can talk to his MSN using friends while also communicating to you through
a 'free' messaging protocol like jabber. He will also be able to have friends
who use Yahoo and open up a whole new circle of friendship.
There are numerous Linux clients which support MSN,Jabber, and Yahoo.
Examples are Gaim, Kopete, and Psi.
Gaim is the most popular, but personally I prefer Psi.

Alternatively if he is narrow minded, and cannot tolerate change, then you
could always  communicate to him through MSN.

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org