On Sunday 18 July 2004 12:13 pm, Avi Schwartz wrote:

> What is the advantage apt-get has over urpm*?  I used it only for a
> short amount of time on Debian and as far as I can tell, the urpm*
> suite of programs seem to be equivalent to apt-get.  But as I said, I
> am not fluent when it comes to apt-get.

On the command line, the differences are minimal IMO, but there is a large
group of people that prefer the gui frontend called synaptic.  I am speaking
for them here, but they prefer the integrated functionality as opposed to the
simple approach taken by rpmdrake.

Personally, it doesn't much matter to me because I work primarily from the
command line now, but as they say, difernt strokes for difernt folks.
--
/g