On Sunday 25 July 2004 6:29 am, Stephen Kühn wrote:
> As per the subject, spamd is now consuming at least 90% of total cpu
> time; there is only ONE instance of it running as well; I've modified
> the /etc/init.d/spamassassin service startup so that it is forced to
> only have one instance of it; why, all of a sudden, is it eating my cpu
> alive? The only thing I've recently changed is to add more rulesets for
> spamassassin...and I've very carefully followed the directions on the
> spamassassin faq for performance/memory problems; this being the 2.6.3-7
> kernel, is there something else I'm doing wrong or have I missed
> something? I used to HAVE performance - now it is slowly coming to a
> crawl...

Try using spamc as spamd is just a wrapper for spamc I understand.

I filter using SA from within Kmail, and when I used spamd, I had my Kmail
come to a halt while messages were being filtered, Now with spamc, there is
only a short pause, and everything is running.
--

Linux Desktop user since 2000,
Home networker since shortly after.

Linux User #183693