On Saturday 31 July 2004 03:41 am, Johan Sch wrote:
| Hi List,
|
| Looking at IBM laptops I see the following..for processors..

I've installed 9.2 on a couple of different IBM's, and a friend of mine put
10.0 on one.  With 9.2 the laptops had a Savage vid card, and I had to
download and install a different driver than the default that came with
Mandrake in order to get the proper screen resolution.  The Savage may have
been fixed in 10, because my friend's laptop also had that card and he didn't
mention that he had any problems.  Another gotcha is the LinModem, which
requires downloading a driver (ltmodem-kv_2.4.22_10mdk-8.26a9-1.i586.rpm).
There was a thread on making the 2.4-kernel driver work with 2.6 here during
the past week.  My friend with 10 has broadband, so he didn't bother with the
modem and I have no more info on that.  Everything else worked right from the
get-go.