[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I just installed Mandrake 10 from CD.  The install is pretty
basic -- no office, development environment and basic network
services.  From the new machine, I can ping other computers both
inside and outside my network.  I cannot ping the new machine
from other machines on my local network, nor can I access any of
the network services (ssh server).

I've checked all the usual stuff (IP address, netmask) and it's
accurate.

What else should I look for?

See if iptables or shorewall are running. If either one is, turn it off and clear the firewall rules from ram.

Lanman