On Tuesday 03 August 2004 01:19 pm, Gregory Croes wrote:
> Hallo, guys
>
> I still have this error:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] gregory]$ su
> Password:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] gregory]# vmware &
> [1] 2621
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] gregory]# vmware-config.pl
> Making sure VMware Workstation's services are stopped.
>
> Stopping VMware services:
> Virtual machine monitor [ OK ]
>
> grep: /proc/ksyms: No such file or directory
> grep: /proc/ksyms: No such file or directory
> grep: /proc/ksyms: No such file or directory
> Trying to find a suitable vmmon module for your running kernel.
>
> None of VMware Workstation's pre-built vmmon modules is suitable for
> your running kernel. Do you want this program to try to build the
> vmmon module for
> your system (you need to have a C compiler installed on your system)?
> [yes]

Did you try to have VMware build the module ?
I have successfully run VMware 4.5.2 on mandrake 10 CE and official
2.6xx kernel's, but i had to alow VMware to build the module.  If you
have built the module what other errors were there ?

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Tue Aug  3 14:08:58 EDT 2004
 14:08:58 up 48 min,  0 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.03