Stephen Kühn wrote:

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 03:19, Gregory Croes wrote:

Hallo, guys

I still have this error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] gregory]$ su
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] gregory]# vmware &
[1] 2621
[EMAIL PROTECTED] gregory]# vmware-config.pl
Making sure VMware Workstation's services are stopped.

Stopping VMware services:
Virtual machine monitor [ OK ]

grep: /proc/ksyms: No such file or directory
grep: /proc/ksyms: No such file or directory
grep: /proc/ksyms: No such file or directory
Trying to find a suitable vmmon module for your running kernel.

None of VMware Workstation's pre-built vmmon modules is suitable for your
running kernel. Do you want this program to try to build the vmmon module for
your system (you need to have a C compiler installed on your system)? [yes]

Can somebody knows what the posible problem might be?

Thanks,
Gregory

You have to make sure you have the kernel sources installed; and on top of that, there is a patch for vmware for running under MDK 10.0; I just put it on my personal site at:

http://thor.prohosting.com/~kilgoret/files/vmware-any-update75.tar.gz

Run that.

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

Adopted kids are such a pain -- you have to teach them how to look like
you ... -- Gilda Radner

Hallo, stephen I cant get you homepage. I get this eror

Error: The file you were looking for was not found. (404)
Please try your search with Google below:

Thanks,
Gregory