Hello,
Format, fill with big files (movies) until there will be no space left
and format again. If electron microscope guys (probably there are much
cheaper ways to read data from disk only twice formatted) will find
anything, it will be only data from last copyed files. If electron guys
are working for RIAA, you are in trouble because of illegal copyes of
movies :>. But you need a working system to do it. There is no other way
to properly and safely clean the disk without damage.

Little math lesson:
Let say there is an "empty place" on a disk. That's the place, where we
write the bite we want to be there. We have a 20G disk. There are
171798691840 "empty places"
(   (((20 * 1024) * 1024) * 1024) * 8 = 171798691840   ). If we write a
file on disk, we can do it by 5MBps. That means we can fill 41943040
"empty places" in 1 second. If we format a 20G partition with HardDrake,
it takes about 20 seconds (I don't remember the correct time). So, if we
format a disk (partition placed on entire disk), we are touching only
838860800 "empty places" on the disk and 170959831040 are untouched and
containing old data. If we make two different formats (difrent
filesystems), we just decrease this number maybe by another 838860800
and that is not enough. IT IS NEED TO TOUCH EVERY SINGLE BITE ON A DISK
TO BE SURE THERE IS NOTHING LEFT!!! Touching all bites on 20G disk takes
about 68 minutes by speed 5 MBps.

Counts are only guesses (I really have no glue about writing speed on a
disk, but I thing it is something about 5 MBps. I guess there are really
only 60 seconds in each minute and only 1024 bytes in every single MB

Sorry for bugging you, but it is very simple so I wonder, why is
everybody not understanding it with me. :>

Tomas Tudja
136 Church Road
N17 8AJ
London, UK