Suket wrote:

Dear all,

Hello, I'm new comer in this maillist.
I just start using Mandrake 9.2, but got problem on my computer.
My internal modem can be detected by linux, yet as other device i/o as a
modem.
And the module is blank when I check on my hardware list detected.
Then it can not work properly.
My internal modem HSP56 Micromodem (com 3) with cpu AMD Athlon XP2100.

Please help. Many thanks. Suket

Just about the worst win modem around, no flow control, and they burn out regularly, I had one once on a cheapie Box I did up for my student daughter, I threw it away after it burnt out ,which they did replace, but I wouldn't use again for it's lack of durability. I know they are cheap. But a good hardware controlled modem ain't a bustin fortune.

WWW.linmodem.org    if you must.

John

--
John Richard Smith