Stephen Kühn wrote:
On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 09:45, Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 08:24 am, Stephen Kühn sent these thoughts:

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 08:16, Aron Smith wrote:

et wrote:

On Sunday 08 August 2004 06:01 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

On Saturday 07 August 2004 05:48 pm, Aron Smith wrote:

I cannot get the Mdk 10.0 disks to boot ether disk 1 or disk 2
when I put it in the drive and reboot it is ignored
yes my cmos is set up for cdrom boot
there is something simple here (besides me) butam having a brain fart.
TIA smitty

Well, if your BIOS is setup to boot from CDROM (and you have the devices in the correct order) then I dunno.

Do you have more than 1 CDROM? Sometimes it will only boot from a
certain one.

Are the CDs damaged or abused in any way?

did you copy the iso to a disk?? which is wrong..

Yes i did

I can almost imagine Aron having the schytz with this on a Saturday arvo; mistakenly copying ISO's to a CD instead of burning them properly...wonder if he's in Winders whilst doing this exercise...

stephen kuhn - proprietor

What does one do to properly burn them? This is probably very stupid question? Further to this, if one receives the copied ISO's instead of the properly burned ones, is it possible to burn them properly onto another CD after copying them to the hard drive?

Or are you having a lend of me?

Charlie

Generally, I use either Arson or K3b to open the ISO image for burning;
it is a simple mistake that can be made...mostly by Californians,
though...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

"He did decide, though, that with more time and a great deal of mental
effort, he could probably turn the activity into an acceptable
perversion." -- Mick Farren, "When Gravity Fails"

 I used K3b