>>  chmod 777 /home/ubw
>>  result:
>>  drwxrwsrwx  26 admin     users 4096 Aug  7 10:29 ubw/
>         ^ notice s not x
>
> I don't know what it means, it _may_ have something to do with the
> chattr command that was mentioned earlier on I think the expert list.
  ^^^^^^
I never heard of this command before (like many others of course ;-) -
but: what does this mean for daily usage/work? I am still desperate
'cause the folder permissions are still changing after a halt/reboot of
the box;
maybe using >chmod 777 /folder< to change the permissions is not
"optimal" or clean (or whatever...) enough?
Any workaround to change the folder permissions in a secure and stable
way?
--

 (o>      Best regards
 //\    Harald T ZIPKO