> You are fighting with msec which runs every hour and resets the

I do not want to fight - I want to live in peace ;-)
msec - obviousely a command and part of a cron job... I'll have a
closer look.

> permissions.  What is it you want to do?  My guess is that you
> want a directory where all members of the 'users' group can
> put stuff.  If this is the case:

That's true.

> mkdir -m 2770 /home/ubw/users
           ^^^^
What's the difference between using mkdir -m 2770 and chmod 777?

>>  drwxrwsrwx  26 admin     users 4096 Aug  7 10:29 ubw/
>>        ^ notice s not x
>
> This is not the chattr command.  This is the directory sticky bit
> which means all files and directories created under this directory
> will have the same group ownership as this directory.  This is
> what you want.

Strange, I did't know that I defined such a sticky bit - I only used
chmod 777 /NameOfTheFolder
--

 (o>      Best regards
 //\    Harald T ZIPKO