On my Mandrake 10 OE home install I recently tried to
upgrade my kernel and nvidia graphics driver.  That's
what started this whole problem.

First I installed my newer driver, 2.6.3-15mdk, and
booted into with no problems.  As usual, when I
upgrade the kernel I need to reinstall my vid driver.

I downloaded the 1.0-6111 version of the geforce
driver that was released Aug 5th.  From the
2.6.3-15mdk KDE session I ran init 3 to install the
driver as usual.  When I attempted to run the file I
got a strange error about a rivafb (something like
that?) module being loaded but it would be able to
continue.  Since it didn't seem serious I continued.
The install failed while trying to build the kernel
for nvidia. The nvidia log didn't produce any
immediate clues, either.  So I uninstalled and tried
it under my 2.6.3-13mdk kernel. That failed too...

Now, I have no graphics accelleration and I keep
getting this strange error in KDE:
SIGSEGV crashed with signal 11
...That is paraphrased, but it appears in the generic
KDE crash window with the picture of a bomb/gear.
First it appears when I boot into KDE then randomly
thoughout the day.

Any ideas here?  The errors are annoying and obviously
not healthy.  Plus I can't play any games...

Thanks in advance!