On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 05:09, JRH wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been following the thread about Security etc, with interest.
>
> At the moment, I use F-Prot for Linux, run from the command line.
>
> I installed DrWeb a good while back, and it gave me an extra account at login,
> but no password..... I take it this is commercial software, and to obtain the
> password to be able to use it, I have to purchase it or similar?
>
> Please enlighten me!
>
> JRH
>
> PS, every time I have looked at the DrWeb site, It's been in Russian, and I
> havent been able to get the english version to work!

Question I have is this: Being that you're running a linux box, is it
that you're storing MS Windows based files on your machine and there
hence need to use an antivirus package, or are you scanning mail files
as you're running your own local mail server?

BTW, ClamAV (which so nicely comes with 10.0 OE and I believe resides in
the contrib mirrors) works like a charm if that is the case - and nicely
integrates with SpamAssassin, procmail, postfix or sendmail and
MailScanner.

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

NT (as in Windows NT) is short for "Not Tested".