Stephen Kühn wrote:

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 20:12, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

I dont have a clue what I did wrong?
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# urpmi kernel-2.6.3-15mdk
no package named kernel-2.6.3-15mdk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# urpmi kernel
Everything already installed
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# urpmi kernel-source
Everything already installed
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# man urpmi
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# urpmi kernel.src
no package named kernel.src
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# urpmi kernel-2.6.3-15
no package named kernel-2.6.3-15
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# urpmi kernel-2.6.3-15mdk.src
no package named kernel-2.6.3-15mdk.src

It seems to me that one of the above attempts should have worked.

urpmi --fuzzy kernel

That will list all the available packages that either have "kernel" in
the name or in the reference - THEN you can choose which one you so
desire to install...

Mind you, you do have to make sure you've defined an update source in
order to be able to get that...

urpmi.addmedia --help urpmi.update --help urpmi --help

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor

As Stephen says for sure.

Three things I discovered with urpmi:
1. You need to be sure that you have all the relevant media added to see to your requirements.
I personally use vivisimo <http://www.vivisimo.com> but you may want to use google, to make sure all the ftp sites you can
handle are 'onboard'.
2. Then I always start out with
# urpmi.update -a
3. Then I go make a cup of coffee and say "Hi" to Jan. ( By the time she gets over the shock and I
catch up on the day's events, I'm ready to continue with 'urpmi'.)

It's good to update your media but be sure you have all the relevant media to update in the first place.

"From a fellow onliner using dialup". [ Record to date - { using intel-536ep modem on Mandrake2.6.3-7 } = 229MB in 24hrs - yeah right! Now you know why I don't trust 'konstruct'.] Thank the powers that be for "URPMI".

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213