Hoyt Bailey wrote:

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 06:56, Stephen Kühn wrote:

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 21:40, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

Well I am back with kernel-2.6.3.15mdk active and so far the only
thing I noticed are some flash bars running through the desktop the
flash bars are about 3/4" long and appear to be random. Just enough
to be annoying especially on a black background.

Re-install your video drivers.

What are video drivers. If nvidia that is complied into the kernel.
/usr/src/linux-2.6.3-15mdk/drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.c
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o
/lib/modules/2.6.3-7mdk/kernel/drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.ko.gz
/lib/modules/2.6.3-7mdk/kernel/drivers/char/nvidia.ko.gz
If the above two modules should be switched to something else would update take care of it?

Er..... No
I have just gone through updating my nVidia driver because I wanted to look at 'FlightGear" and that showed me that the only way to deal with nVidia drivers is by getting what you need from their site and go from there.
Good luck, 'cause this newbie took two nights and three finger nails to get through it and though things appear to be working OK, I don't see any improvement on my system though yours might mean a general repair is the result.

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213