On Tuesday 17 August 2004 04:22 pm, Roy Babin wrote:
> How can I create a boot disk? Followed the manual for
> Mandrake10. but cannot create one.  Any Help appreciated. Thank
>    Roy

     You can use your first CD or you can make a CD. The kernel
and needed files are much to big to fit on a 1.4mb floppy.

   'mkrescue --iso'

(from 'man mkrescue')
   " Create an ISO-9660 bootable CD image (El Torito Format)
suitable  for  burning  to  a  CD-R  or CD-RW.  The --device
specification defaults to the filename "rescue.iso", and the
--size  defaults to 2880.  A utility such as cdrecord may be used
to burn the ISO file to a recordable CD medium."

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American