> As root 'urpmi kdeutils-kedit' will install kedit.

looks as though I have some missing files and cannot install it.
On top of that, my connexion keeps stopping....

I contact the firm who sold my computer. They tell me the chipset is
compatible with intel and soundblast and I can choose another driver.( I
wouldn´t know which)

they also said I could change the lines in modules.conf to:

alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
above snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm-oss

I did it using Kwrite and no Alsa mixer is gone.....
a mess. Am not going to probe my mood! ;-)
Thank you for your patience
Maryse