On Tuesday 17 August 2004 09:16, M.Schild wrote:
> > Could you try this: add the line 'options snd-intel8x0
> > ac97_quirk=1' at the end of /etc/modprobe.conf if you run a 2.6
> > kernel (check with 'uname -r') and reboot. Then check mixer levels
> > with alsamixer and try to aplay some sound.
>
> when I do /etc/moodprobe.conf  (as root) I get
> permission denied
>
> Maryse

You have an 'o' too much in /etc/moodprobe.conf :-) You have to edit the
file as root. I use vi for that but it is not newbie friendly. Anyone
know a newbie friendly text editor for editing configuration files as
root? Oh, 'kdesu kedit' asks for your root password and then starts a
nice looking GUI editor.

HTH,

    -Frans