On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 22:49, Budhi Astiyadi wrote:
> hi everybody
> I want to archieve my emails in Ximian Evolution but I can find any
> settings in there like Archieve in MS Outlook. Please anybody explain me
> how to do that.
> Thank in advance.

Evolution stores it's files in maildir folders under your home
directory:

/home/yournamegoeshere/evolution/local/

You can tar/gz your folders, or even better, create a folder with what
you so desire and then move all older items to it - THEN tar/gz the
folder; or you can even go so far as to create an IMAP box on your linux
box and use that as your "archive" creating a rule as to age of the
message...

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

Ever since I was a young boy, I've hacked the ARPA net, From Berkeley
down to Rutgers, He's on my favorite terminal, Any access I could get,
He cats C right into foo, But ain't seen nothing like him, His disciples
lead him in, On any campus yet, And he just breaks the root, That deaf,
dumb, and blind kid, Always has full SYS-PRIV's, Sure sends a mean
packet. Never uses lint, That deaf, dumb, and blind kid, Sure sends a
mean packet. He's a UNIX wizard, There has to be a twist. The UNIX
wizard's got Ain't got no distractions, Unlimited space on disk. Can't
hear no whistles or bells, How do you think he does it? Can't see no
message flashing, I don't know. Types by sense of smell, What makes him
so good? Those crazy little programs, The proper bit flags set, That
deaf, dumb, and blind kid, Sure sends a mean packet. -- UNIX Wizard