Service pack 2 is garbage, I have seen numerous issues after installing it on clients machines. Wireless networks stop working, machines that just keep shutting down and restarting. Here are some solutions for you:

Adaware, Spybot, cws shredder and hijack this for spyware and such.

Clamwin for virus protection.0

ZoneAlarm or cheap router for firewall.

Here is how you remove as much spyware as possible:

1. install and update adaware, spybot and clamwin, turn off system restore and reboot into safemode, after unplugging network adapter.

2. delete all temp files and temporary internet files and cookies. this must be done for all users who have a login on the computer.

3. run adaware, spybot and cws shredder. run clamwin. do this for each account.

4. go to trendmicros free online scan and let it remove or fix anything that is found.

After all this crap you should be good to go! Contact off list if you need more help.