On Wednesday 25 August 2004 23:48, Peter Davis wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 11:08, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > Welcome I hope you have fun with your new experience.
>
> Thanks!  I'm having fun so far.
>
> > Pull up userdrake from the Mandrake ControlCentre>System  to choose the
> > login shell for your user. I do not know the relative merits of the
> > shells, but if you like tcsh then you can have it.You may need to install
> > an RPM first)
>
> I'm lost.  What's the ControlCentre?  I don't see anything like
> userdrake in any of the KDE menus.  Is there a command for this?

From your Menu>System>Configuration>ConfigureYourComputer

Otherwise known as Mandrake control Centre or 'mcc &' from a terminal.

If you are running KDE
Menu>System>Configuration>ConfigureYourDesktop  is KDE Control Centre
Also a very useful resource.

And if you really want to get exotic install the webmin package (Using
Mandrake Control Centre) and enter
https://IP_address:10000    or https://localhost:10000  in the URL line of any
browser and you get another way of configuring your system.

Webmin is especially useful for remote server administartion.

(You might need to go into Mandrake Control Centre and start the webmin
service with MandrakeControlCentre>System>Services  )

derek

BTW: Could you read the page on mail list etiquette on the Wiki and then
remove the "Reply To" in your Evolution settings please.

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org