On Friday 27 August 2004 00:23, Steve wrote:
> I have two linux PCs connected to a wireless router. One of the PCs has a
> printer, the other does not.  Is it difficult to get the one PC to send
> print jobs to the other PC? It would make printing homework alot easier....
>
> Thank you,
> Steve

It is real easy. Just go through the printer configuration Wizard in Mandrake
Control Centre>Hardware on each machine starting with the machine with the
attached printer.

The wizard will install the CUPS print server which will make the printer
available to any computer.

  If you have Windows computers on the net, then install Samba after setting
up the printer, and then Samba will make the printer available to Windows
users.

The only problem you might have is if you have a firewall running on either
machine.  If the firewall is in place you will need to open port 631.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org