use lpr-cups instead. Mandrake 8.2 (which I run) changed to the cups
printer server and everything needs to go through it.

If you have any questions about how it's configured, try going in
through webmin (browser at localhost:10000). It's under the Servers tab.

Good luck! I didn't have this email list at the time, and spent two
weeks figuring out how to do it.

--
David A. Bartmess
Sr. Software Configuration Manager

But one should not forget that money can buy a bed but not sleep,
finery but not beauty, a house but not a home,
medicine but not health, luxuries but not culture,
sex but not love, and amusements but not happiness.