On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:26:49 +0100
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     Anybody have the problem of the X Graphical Server test freezing
>     in the installation.

This used to happen to me every time I would install a new version of
MD.  Live and learn after x number of times (probably 10 for me) and I
eventually quit testing the xserver during install.

Key here is, I never upgraded the monitor - those settings remain the
same for each version of MD.  Now I have the monitor specs kept within
arms length and plug in the appropriate horizontal and vertical refresh
rates each time, and avoid the xserver test.  I just choose the custom
setting during install and it provides fields for you to fill out -
sorry I cannot be specific as to what that area of the install is like
and what to look for, it's been awhile since that happened last.

IRC though, I thought the xserver test eventually times out and puts you
back to the install without freezing up.  Again, been awhile so I don't
know if that happens now or not.

Warning though, be sure to plug in the correct values for your specific
monitor.  If you do not have them, go to their web site and search up
their support area for your monitor.  Unlike windows which trys to
protect your system/monitor (can the word "protect" be in the same
sentence as windows?) linux will allow you to fry the monitor at your
discretion.

Good luck

--
Linux user #280097