Stephen Kühn wrote:
...and I'll assume you've rebooted and double checked in the /usr/sbin
directory for any remnants of urpmi and associated programs?

Thanks, Stephen. Now, I am trying to do the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] paulus]# urpmi.update "Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1)" removable://mnt/cdrom/
trying to select nonexistent medium "removable://mnt/cdrom/"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Cooker.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Updates.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.update_source.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
mounting /mnt/cdrom
unable to access medium "Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1)",
this could happen if you mounted manually the directory when creating the medium.

Any ideas?

Paul