On Saturday 28 August 2004 09:03 pm, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have done some updates on my computer and now, at start-up, the script
> rc.sysinit tries to access to several tty, but the permission is denied.
> Afterwards, still during booting, IPMI fails. Any ideas?

That error was coming up on boxes running cooker when Mandrake switched the
default de vice manager from devfs to udev.  You are a bad boy running cooker
stuff and posting to the newbie list.  Seriously though, are you running
cooker or a 10.1 beta.  if yes, you might want to check the cooker mailing
list archives because I believe this was explained over there.
--
/g