Kaj Haulrich wrote:
Every time I start a new session, the icons on my desktop do not
keep the same sorting; they appear quite unsorted, indeed,
although correctly horizontally aligned. I have looked, in the
menus, for an option to control that, but I have found nothing. I
am using KDE 3.2 and Mandrake 10. Any ideas?

What happens when you right-click your desktop , click Icons --> Sort Icons ?

Kaj,

Answering your question: the icons are correctly sorted with "right-click my desktop, click Icons --> Sort Icons".

Regards,

Paul