On Wednesday 01 September 2004 22:23, Paul Smith wrote:

> >>Answering your question: the icons are correctly sorted with
> >>"right-click my desktop, click Icons --> Sort Icons".
> >
> > Well, as I understand it next time you boot the icons are
> > scrambled again, right ?
> >
> > If that's the case, maybe you have "restore previous session"
> > set. I would try to set it "start with an empty session", and
> > then logout/in. The option is under : System --> Configuration
> > -->Configure your desktop --> Components --> Session Manager.
>
> Kaj,
>
> I had already noticed those options and I had already set on the
> option "start with an empty session". Strangely, if I set on the
> option "restore previous session", the icons are scrambled again
> next time I boot.

Strange indeed, Paul.  This is beyond me.  But occasionally I screw
up my KDE and rather then fiddling around editing .rc files I just
delete my entire .kde directory, and restart the X server. That way
everything KDE is back to defaults.  I must add, though, that I am
too lazy to do much customizing, so it's no big deal.

Otherwise, someone wiser than me (that means most people), step in
here.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *