evolt wrote:

Vincent Voois wrote:

What kind of troubles do you have with DVDShrink?
I usually use DVDDecrypter if DVDShrink does not succeed, when i got the decrypted vob files on HD i then use DVDshrink to reauthor or compress elements of the DVD.
This is a good test to see if it operates properly at all.

And burning with DVDshrink does not work in Windows itself properly either if there is any other burn application installed like Nero. (It's Nero's DVDr driver that is getting in DVDShrink's way, this may count for other installed burn apps as well)

If I run it by clicking on the .exe (in KDE) I am asked to agree to the licence, I do, then the main window for dvdshrink appears, along with a little exception raised window (empty of any info which might help me solve the problem). If I run it from the command line I get this error message:
Warning: the specified System directory L"C:\\windows\\system" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/evolt/Desktop', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: cannot open (null)

I do have winxp installed, and wine had previously been set up to use it. I looked for the wine.cfg in /etc/wine but none seems to have been installed this time (I removed them after uninstalling wine and tried re-installing it)

It looks to me that your Wine configuration is missing some environment lines.
DVD shrink gets stuck at the point it requires the System DVD drivers.
With the error i usually expect DVDshrink to tell you it couldn't find ASPI drivers or whatever, but i don't know how the API is being set up in WINE and how API calls from other software is treated.

Have tried a clean reinstall of Wine?