David wrote:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:04:36 +1200
SnapafunFrank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

David wrote:

I've just recently upgraded to MDK 10 Official and have upgraded all my kde
files.

The .100 in the version number suggests to me that you are using thacs.rpm. Is this true? If so then you may have to consider updating all of kde from thacs site or uninstalling that rpm and issuing:

# urpmi --excludemedia thacs.rpm kdenetwork

I like thacs rpms but have struck a few incompatable probs when using only some of the kde rpms, [ Lost kdeinit when I updated kdebase and not kdelibs for example.]

Sometimes the odd rebuilt rpm from any site doesn't quite make it as backwards compatable so go the whole hog or try things out installing to a different location and starting it manually until you are satisfied it works.

Be warned, I am extremely newbie in these matters so if you find out different to the above please post so that I might learn more.

Frank,
Thanks for info. Had a bad hair day and have had to reinstall and have not yet
done a reinstall of the updates. However, have been informed when this is done
with 'kde' updates it should be done without a WM open. My Mdk guru works nights
this time of the week so it may be a few days before I learn more on this.

^ David Taylor Taranaki, New Zealand http://windwand.co.nz proudly using a 100% Linux, Mandrake OS, computer ======= if replying please leave the filter code,ie [] & contents, in subject line =======

Thanks for that David.

I think you may have solved my problems with KDE. That is, from text mode only and not having a WM up and running. Might have seen it before but it didn't sink in. Thanks again. Now back to # urpmi.addmedia thacs.rpms .................

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213