On Thursday 02 September 2004 19:43, Kassem Nasser wrote:
> HI guys,
> after I installed man10.0 and I created the users account
> including the root and two others,I couldn't see the contents of
> the FAT partitions from the first user after the root (which is
> supposed the at least see the contents of the Fat partitions)
> saying 'access denied',I tried to use chmod but it didn't work.
> Do I have to change some configuratin files?

Yes, possibly your /etc/fstab.  The line descibing the FAT partition
shall mount the partition. Furthermore, it is wise to let fstab
take care of permissions right on mounting. You can do this by
adding a statement to fstab, like "umask=0" which equals chmod 777.
Mine looks like this :
/dev/hda4 /data vfat umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850 0 0

If in doubt, please post your fstab.

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *