Todd Slater wrote:

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 10:54:24AM -0400, Ryan Steffes wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:36:18 -0700, julie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004, Todd Slater wrote:

Also, please send a new mail to the list if you want to start a new
topic; replying to a mail and erasing the topic and putting in your own
is called hijacking. It messes up threads for those of us who sort by
threads, and your message is often unlikely to be read by those that can
help because if it's part of an irrelevant thread, I typically delete
the entire thread with a keystroke. Thanks!

Thank you for the kind reprimand! I do know better! It seems like every other
week or so a hijacking reprimand is posted and frequently said with harsh
words.

Now I'm wondering how a hijacked message line is recognized. I use K-mail in
MDK 10 official and looking at "all headers," I don't recognize anything
linking to the hijacked thread. Maybe it's in the numbers which I haven't
taken the time to figure out.

Meanwhile, I've put the "newbie" address in my address book and vow never to
hijack again. -- Julie

Look for a "References" line in the headers.

You might also see "In-reply-to" in the headers.

Todd

In mozilla all I need to do is right click on the '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' address and select "compose email to'. Surely there is something similar in kmail?

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213