Eric Scott wrote:

Anybody know of a program that will let me format a given partition as
NTFS? Fat32 might do it,

Put Windows OS on the first partition on hda.

Windows 2000 installation disc's own partition tool and formatter can create and format in both NTFS and FAT32, but not without destroying remaining data on that HD.

If you want to do the job without destroying data then use either Partition Magic 8 or disckdrake. I prefer PM8 when it's a windows/linux dual boot setup, but if a linux only drive, then I use discdrake. Both can create and format the two windows file systems you ask for.

John