Eric Scott wrote:
        Anybody know of a program that will let me format a given partition as
NTFS?  Fat32 might do it, I don't know. I'm trying to deal with a faulty
Windows installation, and as I'm sure you know, Windows'
installer/rescue is the worst on earth. No joke.  Anyway, it wants me to
have a "Windows 2000 compatable partition" on hda for (I assume) it's
bootloader process, even though I'm installing on hdb.  Windows
installer tells me to make a Win2k compatable partition on hda, but
doesn't provide me with the resources to do so. (The diskdrake thingy in
MDK control center doesn't create a valid FAT partition, which is why I
need another)

FAT16 and FAT32 are also Windows 2000 compatible partitions :P Try fdisk.