On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 08:47:21AM -0400, Bill Winegarden wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to setup my Fuji Finepix 2400 in LM10. I did not have any problem
> doing this in earlier versions and in 9.1 there was an automatic setup.
> However in 10 it seems that I have to set it up manually again.
> I have made a /mnt/camera directory and put a line in fstab to use it....
>
> /dev/sda0 /mnt/camera  vfat      ro,noauto,user         0      0
>
> However when I try to mount /mnt/camera it gives me this....
>
> mount: special device /dev/sda0 does not exist
>
> I seem to remember that someone on this list uses a Fuji. Can anyone help me
> out with this? I have included the results of more /proc/scsi/scsi
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] bill]# more /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: Fujifilm Model: FinePix 1400Zoom Rev: 1000
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>

> I know that it is improperly recognized but this has always been so, even in
> all earlier Mandrake versions. It still usually works great as a simple usb
> mass storage device.
>
> TIA,
> Bill W.

I've never understood completely the order of devices; I usually just
play with them until I hit one that works. This is because with the Fuji
camera and a 2-in-1 card reader, depending on rebooting and other cosmic
factors the numbers get borked. Anyway, you might try /dev/sda1 which is
what I use for mine--never seen /dev/sd0 that I'm aware of, but then I'm
on 9.1 here.

Todd

--
Zinn-Chomsky 2004