On Saturday 18 Sep 2004 10:57, Paul Smith wrote:
 > Dear All
 >
 > I have got dozens of text files (which are the output of a simulation
 > program) containing tables of numbers. I would like to convert them
 > into a format readable by a spreadsheet program (OpenOffice Calc, for
 > instance), so that each number in the original text file can be
 > transformed in a spreadsheet cell. Is there such a converter?
 >
 > Thanks in advance,
 >
 > Paul

OpenOffice.org calc will open text files containing tables directly using it's
import/export filter.

Go to File > Open, from the file type drop down box select "Text/CSV", select
the name of the file and press open, select the appropriate seperator, check
from the preview pane that the format is ok and then press ok. The file
should open.

Any problems read up under "importing" in OOo help

HTH

Pete
Ardnamurchan    Scotlabd

PS please lose the reply to address in your headers