On Saturday 18 September 2004 02:20 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:02:12 -0500
>
> Dennis Myers disseminated the following:
> > > Dont use torrent???
> >
> > Good suggestion, but I have not found the mirrors with just
> > the iso's and thus bittorrent is the only way at the moment.
> > I usually have had very fast response on bittorrent. : P
>
> I don't have a lot of experience with BT, but could it be
> merely that there are not many 'sources' yet, ie. people who
> have already downloaded the files and are sharing them out?
>
> Once more people download more of the files and continue to
> share, the speed should pick up, no?

     No, the problem was only with CD1-3.  CD's 4 & 5 download at
full speed.  The problem with 1-3 was at the Club server. It was
fixed about 13:00 UTC today (Saturday).

     I'll keep uploadin 1,2,3,4,5 for about 8 days til I need to
go out of town. Torrents depend on those who have succesful d/l's
to keep uploadin.

     BTW, check out KDE3.3 on CD5 ;)

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American