I'm in the process of scanning a lot of old B/W negatives. Until
now, I could just open GIMP, click File --> Acquire --> Device
dialog and then xsane would open and work just fine.

But after a file system corruption, I had to reinstall 10.0
official. That in itself went smoothly, took about 20 minutes.

Now, when doing the above mentioned procedure, the GIMP opens
xscanimage insted of xsane.  That's of no use when scanning
negatives so I'd like it to open xsane instead.

I have tried to create a symbolic link to xsane in GIMPs plug-ins
directory, but to no avail.  Even renamed the link to xscanimage,
but it still opens.

Ideas anyone ?

TIA

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *