Kaj

Once again you saved my blood pressure from winding up into the paint cards, John. Of course the matter was that I didn't install xsane-gimp when I did the re-install. After doing just that everything runs the way I want. The reason I prefer to start xsane from the gimp is that I can add text to the photos right away, skew and enhance them. Many of those old negatives are far from perfect, but the gimp is really an amazing tool.

Thanks, John.

Kaj Haulrich.

Glad it worked out for you because I'm finding it more and more difficult to remenber the fine details and I didn't keep a note of how I did it a long time ago.

I quite agree, the gimp/xsane plug-ins are a must for this kind of work.

John